Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Camping

I needed a few days to catch up on some rest after the whole camping trip. Not that camping wasn't relaxing, it was. Just the last day and treking home was a lot of work. We had 9 loads of laundry to do! We had a great time. It was about 20mins north of Parry Sound. We got there Sunday evening and we set up camp. Our site was nice, only a minute away from the comfort station which for us girls was very important! The water however was a good 10 minute walk. But we happily did that almost every day. It only rained once and that was Saturday night, other than that we had great weather.


Caleb had a blast. He was literally a happy camper. I think he loved being outdoors all the time. He enjoyed watching the chipmunks running around. He also went into the lake a lot and had fun there. All in all, we had a great time as a family. We got out for 1 hike, and walked to the visitor centre a couple of times. We also checked out some of the different beaches the park had to offer. Almost every night some of us would drive out to the store for firewood or ice, and even an odd treat here and there. I don't think I would ever "tent" there because of the experience we had with raccoons. (Steve got to use a tent trailer for the week which we all shared, it was so nice.) We didn't see any bears or snakes for that matter. But Christa and I did see a fox.


We spent a day in Parry Sound looking in some shops, had fish and chips for lunch and picked up more groceries. We made many great memories. Dave loved it so much that he really wants to go camping for another week this summer. I on the other hand am not so eager! Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it, but the whole preparing to go and then packing up to come home is tiring. We'll see though.




By the way, the bugs were terrible, why did God create mosquitoes??

No comments: