It totally was not easy! My days were long and I was really tired by the time I got Caleb in bed after a day. I think I'm neither a morning or a night person anymore. I never was a morning person, so getting up at 6:30am and rushing around getting myself ready and then Caleb, wears me out. But now when 8pm rolls around I'm grumbly and ready for bed! So most nights I was in bed by 9pm. But that's reasonable. As for the emotional side of things...it is very difficult. Monday wasn't so bad, but Tuesday was rough and Wednesday even harder. Thursday was o.k. because the end was in sight. Plus things weren't working out as I had thought in the workwise. My boss originally told me that I wouldn't have to start right into things, that she had a special project for me to do that I would work on for December. Well it turns out it's not as big as she thought and it will only take me a few days to do. So I was handed a folder of my normal work load which dated back to October! That was depressing. And it wasn't easy stuff, alot of it was crap that didn't get done because there was more worked involved! Ack! But on the good side of things, Caleb loves his sitter. She just is amazed at how well he does, even when it comes to naps, she puts him down and he's out, she loves that! He'll eat anything and try anything, which makes it easier too. Plus he loves watching the other kids and playing with their dog. So I'm so happy for that. She even sent us home with an event calendar with theme days and activity days so we know what he'll be up to. Tomorrow is Favourite Book Day, so we're sending him with "Crazy Caterpillers" one he currently loves looking at.
Plus my coworkers are thrilled to have me back. We've done lots of catch up and lots of laughing, so that's good.
This week is a crazy busy one! Caleb is turning one on Thursday! But that's my work party, so I won't get to see him much, but we're having his big bash on Sunday. Ahhh, so I have to get everything prepared for that, on top of work and everything, it's really tough! I have Friday off, but we're heading to O'ville for Caleb's dr. appt. and we'll stay for the day to see the family.
Anyway, I have a gut feeling that tomorrow is really going to be hard. So please pray for me...
2 comments:
Charlene, I'll be praying for you this week! I can't imagine what it must be like to head back to work after so long, especially leaving your little guy with someone else! I am glad he is enjoying the sitter; it makes things a bit easier for you.
Oh Charlene. I've been thinking about you off and on all week. When we last emailed - Monday - you were so pleased with how it all went. I'm so sorry it kinda went downhill for you :(
Wishing you a week of days like that first Monday.
Post a Comment