Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas 2007

Our Christmas was good except a few major things! Caleb sustained a 2nd degree burn on his left hand on Christmas eve. He decided to touch my parents fireplace. It happened around noon that day, so thank goodness we were able to get in to see our doctor as opposed to having to go to emerg. She couldn’t do much for him, cream and dressings were not an option since he would either lick or tear off anything. So she prescribed codeine for him, which we gave to him that night. He was a trooper and still is. It really ballooned up in blisters, which they slowly oozed, and yet he still managed to crawl around on his hand. Never gave him anymore codeine because on Christmas day he broke out in a huge rash. So he was fine with just Tylenol. We still give him that because now that it’s drying up and such, I think it bothers him. We were back to the doctors on Thursday and she said that it doesn’t look so terrible and assured us that she has seen much worse and usually on both hands. We have to go again next week so she can make sure that it will heal properly with not much scars. Ahhhh, it has been an exhausting Christmas! I dont' think there is any thing worse in this world than to see your child suffer.

Other than this, it was a good Christmas. Everyone was spoiled, we have so many toys for Caleb, I don't even know where to begin to put them! Dave and I have been off this week, and it's been nice to just relax with him and Caleb, we haven't done that in a long time. We've had breakfast out with friends, and I even tried a new casserole and invited some friends over to try it. Tomorrow, Dave and I are going to have a date. After church we're going to leave Caleb with his parents and enjoy a late lunch and then go to the movies. I think we're going to see National Treasure #2. We purchased Harry Potter the other day and I think we're going to watch that tonight.

I'm sad for this week to be over. It means I have to go back to work and this time, there isn't a week holiday in sight. That makes it difficult to leave Caleb all over again. But I have to deal with it, suck it up!

We don't have many plans to ring in the new year this time around. I'm fine with this. New Years is over rated I think! I'll ring it in probably at 9pm and then go to bed! Life of an old lady I guess!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, (less scary than mine anyway!)

No comments: