Well, it's been a very long time since I have updated this thing. Mostly because my life has been a whirlwind. I guess the biggest news I have to share, I'll do first as this is the main reason why my life is insane. I'm having another baby. July 7th is when we expect this little one to arrive. I have to admit, this has been an emotional ride for me, as I don't feel quite emotionally prepared to deal with this. But I'm getting used to the idea. We found out in October, and from there on out, I feel like I've been in the valley as far as life goes. I've been sick which isn't unusual, but paired with that has been pelvic pain and stress. I even had a visit to the hospital one night as my pain was quite bad. But it all ended up being pulled muscles. I had an early physical so I could be referred to my OB sooner than later, and because of that, I wasn't able to hear a heartbeat until yesterday. 16 1/2 weeks without hearing that heartbeat played games with my mind. But at my appointment yesterday, all worries were put to rest I got to hear that little heartbeat. I've been very emotional this time too. I was terrified to tell my boss, as soon as I went in her office to let her know, I started to cry. I'm such a people pleaser, that I feel like I've let her down. But she laughed at me for feeling that way, and of course she's thrilled for me.
So with that underlying everything, I have endured an emotional Christmas with Caleb and his hand, New Years with Dave and his flu that made him pass out, my baby news leaking out before I wanted it to (with Dave's family), and now I've been suffering with a pretty bad cold. I'm tired. Ahhh. But I feel excited, now that I know that things are good in the baby department. And I've told my ob that I don't want to have another 11 pounder!! ha ha ha.
I got out for a girls night last Sunday, and we went to see 27 Dresses. It was so cute. Plus a night out like that was much needed. I think the only joy I've had this winter is getting out on my brother's skidoo for a ride. I'm hoping that maybe tomorrow I can do that again! I have been really neglectful when it comes to posting pictures too. I will post the picture we took of Caleb announcing our news that we gave to our parents.
Caleb has been loving his baby-sitter. Monday was the first day that when I took him from Christa's arms, he cried. You can't imagine how sad I felt. But I quickly realized that this was bound to happen. Dave tells me how he squeals with excitment when he drops him off in the morning, so I knew it was coming! He's almost walking, he takes only one hand and walks with us, and he loves that. He plays peek a boo with his ears instead of his eyes, which makes us laugh and he chatters away in some kind of baby language, he wants to talk so much! We're having fun with him.
I think that's about it. Well I'm sure there is lots more that I have forgotten. But oh well!
2 comments:
Congratulations, Charlene and Dave!! I am so happy for you! What great news.
Jay
It has been a very long time since you posted, but you've had quite the whirlwind time, haven't you?!
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll feel more relaxed now that you've heard the heartbeat - that was always a big factor for me!
Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment