Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Wow, October 31st is here already. Less than 2 months from Christmas. This year has just flown right by. I was looking at Amberly as she was sleeping just now, and I just can't get over the fact that she's almost 4 months old, and all the things she is doing now. She's teething, I'm not enjoying this so much since there is constant drool, wet shirts and her fists are always in and out of the mouth. I guess it was at this point we starting adding bibs to Caleb's wardrobe, but I don't want to cover up her adorable outfits. Teething also means interupted sleeps. Just the last 2 weeks Amberly has started to sleep through the night, but the last 2 nights she's been up every hour crying. It's been exhausting. She now prefers to be held standing her up, she's rolled over a couple of times from her tummy to her back, she's in the jolly jumper, and she's wearing 6mth clothing, and is laughing, grabbing toys, blows rasberries and is very dramatic with her coos.

Caleb is finding more and more words to spout out. Tuesday we spent the day with my parents and he followed my mom around calling out for Suzie. He says, truck, pee pee, Christa, Mommy, Daddy, juice, treat, please, bless you, thank you, up, shoes, baby. Then there is the random ones that he'll say, but when asked to repeat, he won't. He also sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, he gets that out and Up Above, but all of the rest of words he mumbles out to the tune. It's so adorable. The potty training is going good. This past weekend he did major backsliding and I was so upset with him, so now I'm using the treat reward where he gets one smartie for a pee and 2 for a poop. He's gone 3 days dry, so we'll keep going.

My life, outside of the children, hmm. Well, I've been pretty tired. I've been trying to take the time I have for myself during their naps and accomplish what needs to be done around the house. I try to ride the exercise bike for 20 mins, while reading my Bible study material, sometimes I will grab a 20 min nap too. I had that norwex party last Friday, and I did pretty well. Many of my friends came, even Amy drove all the way to provide a trifle and the blanket I asked her Mom to make Amberly. Saturday night Fern and Mert babysat and we went to Shannon's place for her birthday celebrations. We played some games, and it brought back memories of what life was like before children! Sunday we've been going to a marriage discussion after church which Dave and I have really enjoyed. The speaker is so funny but so right at the same time. I think what I enjoy most is hearing the other couples many of them older than us share their experiences and what they've learned. Monday a couple of ladies from church took Shannon, Wendy and I with all our children to McDonald's in Kitchener, where the kids could play in playland and we could visit. It was fun, I really like seeing Caleb interact with other kids. Then last night Dave and I played volleyball. We joined a church team and I haven't played on a volleyball team in 3 years. It was a lot of fun, but the short ride from Cambridge home was just enough to show me how out of shape and stiff I am! I could hardly walk in the house! How sad is that?!

Today to mark Halloween, Caleb and I carved our pumpkin. Well I did it. Caleb didn't even want to touch the guts inside, which surprised me. They are both sleeping now, but late afternoon I'll get them in their costumes and take some pictures. Then Fern and Mert are coming over to hand out candy and watch Amberly for us, while we meet up with our friends and watch our little ones go door to door. It will be lots of fun! Cara is a horse, Caleb a skunk (again), Mason a dog, so I told Shannon we should have Cara pull the wagon, run over Caleb and have Mason chase the wagon. HA HA HA! I will post pictures soon!

No comments: