Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Crazy Busy Day

I wasn't expecting today to be busy. In fact, I was looking forward to a day of nothing exciting. Things changed a wee bit when I was asked to watch Cara for a bit while Christa went for a doctor's appt. I had no problems doing that. Cara is one of the most laid back kids I know (besides my own!). It threw a wrench into my daily routine, I didn't think much of it, but as the day progressed, I came to the realization that not only do my kids thrive on routine, but I do as well. After Christa got back, she came in for a bit and we had a nice visit. Once she left, I started my routine mode, trying to catch up on things that I would have normally accomplished. This was at 10:30 in the morning. In my hurry, I fell down our basement stairs. I'm all good, no broken limbs, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be in pain tomorrow. When I think about it now, it must have been hilarious to see, if only I could watch myself do it again.

After feeding Amberly I took her to my work place, I wanted to buy some movie passes, and see my friends. I was there for a bit visiting. Then once I got home, I fed Amberly her lunch and put her down for her nap. I then had lunch and then started on more tasks that needed to be accomplished. I was so tired when 3:00 rolled around. And this weather didn't help at all, only fueled my sleepiness.

Caleb was at Christa's today. They had a big Valentine's party this morning, so he would have had a good time. He took little valentines to hand out to all the other little kids. It reminded me of my school days!

Tonight I have my women's small group. It's my turn to lead this week. I'm not nervous about it at all, I've gone through the material, and I'm prepared. It's odd, but I get more nervous when I have to teach the toddler class at church. Makes me go, hmmmm.

Well, I better go and get some cuddle and play time in with the kids before I head out. This weekend my parents are taking the kids for us. Dave and I will get the house to ourselves. I think we'll get bored really fast! Saturday, being Valentine's Day, we are going on a date, for dinner and a movie. I'm looking forward to that.

Gotta go.

No comments: