Saturday, July 03, 2010

My Baby Girl is Two Today


Amberly turns 2 today. I got a little choked up this morning watching her play with some of her new babies and equipment. Maybe it's these crazy pregnancy hormones or maybe it's just the realization that my baby girl isn't a baby anymore. She's quite independent, spunky and adorable to boot, and Dave and I just love her to bits. She's full of energy and attitude! She makes us laugh unexpectedly, like today when she said "Caleb don'ted me" or she gets this deep tone in her voice when she's about to agree with you and out comes "O K" like a monster. She's my little girl. I find it hard to believe that it was 2 years ago already that I experienced that crazy labour and delivery. It's not something I look back on fondly, especially now, knowing that I'm in for something unexpected again in about 12 weeks. But I do remember seeing that tiny little girl for the first time, all wrapped up so tight in her daddy's arms and asking Dave, "Is she perfect?" She was such an alert little girl, watching her watch me in that hospital room. Even though it was a scary delivery and hard to forget, I got the best thing out of it, and I know it was all worth it, and I would do it all over again for the precious miracle that God blessed us with.

Yesterday began her birthday festivities when my whole family came for the day. We celebrated not only Amberly's birthday, but Brooke's 5th and Buddy's birthday as well. We all went over to the pool and swam for a good hour, then back to play inside and out. We had a pizza party really, and it was just a fun filled day. Amberly was spoiled with a couple of babies, some new clothes and jammies, an outdoor chair, Dora playdoh and a book. She also aquired some money which we used today by outfitting her with her very own life jacket. Tomorrow we'll have Dave's parents, Mike and Joy and some of our other friends over with their little ones to celebrate as well.

We had a great Canada Day. We headed on an adventure to a place we've never been before. We went to Downey's Farm just north of Brampton. I've never been there before, but used to drive past it often in my younger years. It was a strawberry festival and admission was free. It was a lot of fun, perfect for the kids they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Meetings new animal friends, playing in sand, climbing on ships and tractors and watching dogs run crazy after balls. We had fun. The picture above was done by moi! We were heading out to a baseball game, and because I miss the fireworks (way too late for our kids!) I thought I would make the game festive, and the kids loved it!

No comments: