Monday, June 21, 2010

Could It Be?? A Potty Genius??

I may be jinxing this but what the heck. Amberly is doing amazing with the potty! It all started last Tuesday (not even a full week has gone by) when Christa happened to put Amberly on the toilet to just humour her when low and behold Amberly peed on command! She was so excited she called me at work. We decided to continue on down the road, I pulled out her Dora Easy Ups and sent some with her on Wednesday. Christa reported that Amberly successfully peed 4 times that day. (still having accidents obviously but still she was going for her) Thursday was a long day, she sometimes would go, and sometimes not go, but I perservered. Friday, she stayed with my friend for the morning and successfully went for her, staying dry that whole morning. I put her in a diaper for her nap, which she wet, but continued dry in the pull ups for the rest of the day. Saturday she went with Caleb to my in-laws trailer for the weekend, not sure how she did, but she continued to use it. Today, she actually started telling Christa that she had to go! Even when I got there to pick them up, she was finishing her snack, and got down and in a panic said "Mommy, I go potty" and she ran to the bathroom! We got home and she pooped on the potty for me, and continued dry! I'm just amazed! If I can pull this off with out a hitch I'll be so thrilled. However, I'm not pulling out the panties just yet, I figure if we can go another week of this, then we'll make a special shopping trip to the store for her to pick out some special ones!

My weekend was wonderful. Friday was a long day, I had to go for my 1 hour bloodwork so my friend took the kids for me. Then after the kids naps I took them to Walmart to get Dave a Father's Day present. Caleb picked it out all by himself, an xbox game. Then home again to see a glimpse of Dave before heading out for the annual Daycare party. We have the best babysitter in the whole world. She gave out gifts, planned games and prizes and made a speech thanking us all for having such wonderful children! ha ha ha! Saturday morning Dave's parents came bright and early and took the kids to their trailer for the rest of the weekend. Dave was in a ball tournament, so I had the whole day just to myself. It was great. I did an extensive clean of the house which wasn't so fun, but then I went out shopping and found a few new maternity clothes to wear, and picked up my Dad a gift. Oh, and I went to Burger King for some take out. I know it sounds terrible, but I never go, Dave would never take me, and I just craved some onion rings so bad! Then I spent the afternoon watching movies, taking a nice long bath and just doing NOTHING!! Dave got home after 5pm and took me out for dinner. It was so lovely! We got home and took a nice leisure walk around the neighbourhood and watched a movie. I think my most favourite part of this time was Sunday morning. I was able to get up at my own pace. It was quiet. I had no demands. I just crawled out of bed, made a bowl of cereal and watched anything I wanted on tv. I sat and did nothing for a good hour. I never get to do that anymore. I'm not a morning person, I don't enjoy getting up and having to get things done right away, but as a mother, doing nothing is not possible anymore more unless I get up at 5am and I'm not about to sacrifice sleep! Sleep is becoming harder to find these days!
Dave and I headed up to pick the kids up at the trailer and supplied a pizza lunch for his Dad, then we headed to my parents for the rest of the day. It was a beautiful day, and the kids had a great time. I'm sad the weekend was over. Maybe I'll get this opportunity again sometime, but for now, I'll just look back on this past weekend with fond memories!

2 comments:

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Looks like I spoke too soon. My daughter is not a genius in the field of potty. We've gone backwards now and she doesn't pee on potty. :(

Having a very frustrating Friday

deb said...

Char - Kathryn had a few false starts with the potty before everything clicked. It was always her choice too, but it requires them to be really focused and she just gave up after a bit both times before sticking it out a week later.

I am glad you got to have some time to yourself and got to relax. It always makes things better when you get a breather!!

Did you pick up a bathing suit yet???????

~Deb