The humidity was thick, so on top of the wet conditions, my body felt constantly damp. Lake Huron was such a refreshing retreat. The water was the perfect temperature. All the kids loved the beach.
We were lucky to avoid rain for Friday night, we had a nice campfire and got the kids settled nicely. The campfires seemed to be a favourite for the kids.
Amberly took comfort in this tiny bath. She's pretty adorable. She's going to fit in well with 2 brothers. No fears of getting right in the mud and getting all dirty. No hesitations towards bugs, it's a reflex to swat or squash any bug that is close by. And yet, look at her beauty....
Saturday wasn't too bad. It rained heavy in the afternoon, but before that, everyone (except for me) went for a nice hike and we got down to the lake for a little bit to cool off. Our kids had a nap in the afternoon, and that is when the heavy downpours arrived. It lasted for a while, but it didn't dampen our spirits. Once it was finished, we were able to enjoy a good supper and a beautiful sunset down at the beach.
I do know that I won't camp in August with my hubby. This past weekend was a bit too much for me. The awkwardness of bending down to get in tents and getting up from the ground from sleep seemed to pay a price on my pelvis. The bathrooms weren't conveniently placed, so I had quite the walk to get to them. At night I had to get up 3 times to go to the bathroom, I just peed outside of the tent! And to get going in the morning Sunday after waking up didn't go over so well with my stomach. After enjoying some blueberry pancakes, I was hit quickly with the urge to puke. Which I did, behind our tent. However, despite all those experiences, we made good memories, the kids loved their time, and I just enjoyed being with family for the weekend.
Some funny things that I won't forget is Steve was roasting a weiner over the fire while Sally was having issues of lighting sparklers for the kids. She asked Steve to do it, and he proceeded to say "Well you come over here and hold my.....hot dog" There was a pause in that sentenced and I just burst out laughing....Another thing was we hooked up our dvd player in the van for the drive, and when we were leaving Sunday, we were going to go to Goderich for a bit. I didn't turn them on. Well Amberly repeated I don't know how many times "Mommy, my tv's not working" I would tell her I didn't turn it on and she would stop and think about it and say "oh" only to turn around and say "daddy, my tv's not working" The drive from the campground to Goderich was filled with her repeating the issue about the tv and my responding to her that I didn't turn it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment