Motivation. I'm trying to find the motivation to actually start the process of packing and getting ready for our week away. This year we've rented a cottage up the Bruce Pennisuila. It's a new adventure for us, something we haven't done before. Our friends are heading up to Lake Superior with out us this year, and although there's a big part of me wishes to be going with them, I'm glad we'll have beds to sleep on and a retreat from rain if need be.
So instead of folding the newly dried laundry I'm sitting here, blogging. I know I should get in gear, get our clothes folded, then wake the kids up from nap and start packing a week's worth of clothes for each of us (it's always more than a weeks worth, try like a months worth because you never know what will happen with a 3 and 2 year olds!)
We hit the road Sunday. Tomorrow morning we'll spend getting ready, getting groceries together and then Dave and I have a wedding to attend for the evening. Sunday I'm sure we'll be all miserable trying to make sure everything fits and that we in fact have EVERYTHING we'll need. But once we're in the van and on our way, I think I'll finally flip into holiday mode. It's a lot of work getting ready to go away for a week with children. But I know in the end it will all be worth it! (and we're only 20 mins from civilization as opposed to an hour in Superior, so if we forget something, it's not a big deal!)
1 comment:
WOOHOO! Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday!! :)
Hope your packing goes smoothly.
Post a Comment