Sunday, September 26, 2010

Again, Still Waiting.....

It's Sunday evening and this little guy still remains to make a grand entrance. With each morning I wake up asking God if today will be the day, "please may it be today". By the time noon rolls around, the frustration starts to sink in, and my feelings of being uncomfortable are magnified, and I just wish it was time. Then by the time dinner is over and bed time routines begin and end, I sit and relax after the kids are tucked in now able to accept that today was in fact not the day. But begin to hope that I will get one more nights rest in before the big event.

This has been what my last 4 or 5 days have been like. I ride these emotional hills, and I'm tired of doing it.

Thursday's appt. was uneventful (as you may see) My ob entered the room with a regrettable tone declaring that it won't happen tonight with his help because the hospital was crazy busy, and there was a waiting list of women who needed to be induced. Deep down I felt that this was probably a normal story that he can tell, I have no idea otherwise right? He proceeded to check me, in the week since he last saw me, nothing changed. I was still 2-3 cm's dilated. This time he caused a little more pain as he stretched my cervix in hopes that this would help my water to break on it's own sooner than later. I left with another appt. booked for this coming Wednesday and feeling pretty discouraged.

From how he describes it, I understand why I couldn't be induced last week. They can't use the normal methods of drugs to induce such as cervidil, that they would give and then have you do whatever to wait for active labour. Because they will only induce by breaking my water, that requires a labour room, it's not like they can just break it and wait for something to happen. Then Dave has a buddy whose wife was on that waiting list to be induced last week, and he told him that there was "like 100 babies" born in those past few days.

I am really hoping that I won't make it until Wednesday, deep down I do hope things will begin naturally on their own. I never anticipated being pregnant still. I my mind I would have had this baby over a week ago already. Now the idea of him holding on for October is threatening me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd check your blog to see if there was any news before heading to bed...
sweet dreams Charlene...I am praying for you and your littleone!
mom suggested casteroil :)
I know that you are ready to be done being pregnant, but really you are blessed! Enjoy your moment...
~amy

Deb said...

Oh Char :( I hope your little guy decides to get moving soon. He must be running out of space!!

In the meantime, I hope you can get some comfortable rest.

*hugs*
~Deb

Anonymous said...

Just me checking again...hope all is well!
we are off to the library...praying things move along for you and your little one
~amy