Monday, September 06, 2010

Trying to Control These Feelings

Oh dear. It's always in the evening when I feel bombarded, overwhelmed with emotions. Tomorrow is really just a normal day. The only thing different about it is I'm taking a later lunch to take Caleb to his school and meet his teacher. It's only 30 mins of my day, but I'm feeling pretty emotional about it. It's just craziness! Yesterday at church during worship time we sang how God never changes, and although I have sang this song countless times in the past, yesterday it touched my heart. As much as I dislike change in my life, I know I can always hold tight on the Lord because He never changes. I try to remind myself of this fact in moments like now where I feel attacked by the constant reminders of how much my life will be turned upside down in the next few weeks.

I worked hard to make sure I can be prepared for life to change in our house. Saturday Dave and I tackeled cleaning the house and completly finishing the final touches in the boys room. We set up the bassinet in our room, washed all things baby and even set the car seat in the van. We're ready for this little guy to come. I'm just not. I haven't begun to pack a bag for myself. I keep telling myself I want to go and get something special for Caleb and Amberly from the baby (Deb's idea) but never am I motivated to do this. We have a name for him (I think!) but we haven't ever firmed up a plan for when labour actually occurs. Who to call, when and stuff. I'm just hoping it will happen during the week, so the kids can maintain a regular schedule and be with Christa, she's their second home anyway. I know that anyone we call on for help will be here for us at the drop of a hat, but again, it's the fear of the unknown, when, how, where???

ANYWAY.....Sunday was a fun day. We went to church and from there headed to my parents for the afternoon. My entire family was there and it was great to see everyone. We went over to the O'ville fair. I think we made it extra special for Caleb. This year 2 Monster trucks were there. One you could ride and one that actually crushed cars for show. This impressed me big time. After watching too many hours of MonsterJam on tv with Caleb, to see one in person, close up and see it tackle cars was amazing! The quiet joy on Caleb's face made it all worth while. He rode the monster truck with Benji quite proudly. He even went on a few rides and then watched the demolition derby. He kept asking me when the Monster truck was going to come back, but I think he liked seeing the cars crash up a bit.

Well, I think I'm going to relax for a bit (or try too) Kids are sleeping, Dave is working (poor guy) so I noticed 27 Dresses was on Showtime, so I think I may watch that!

1 comment:

Shaun said...

You gotta relax woman and just take each day at a time. You're in for a HUGE change... just LIKE the other two and you did fine with them. It isn't going to be easy and will probably be difficult for EVERYONE... but life will stabilize eventually. It's been 3 months and things are just now starting to settle a bit. My point is don't stress about tomorrow because as much as you want to plan everything, babies don't work like that. Just enjoy each day as it comes.