Monday, October 18, 2010

Romance and Longing

We used to have a set time at 9:30pm every single night where we would meet. I would get wrapped in warmth, comfort, and always felt at ease and in the perfect safe place. He would make me feel loved, rejuvenated, happy, relaxed and at peace. Without him I'm feeling lost.

I am talking about my romantic involvement with Sleep. I miss and long to be reunited with him.

We've been finding ways to sneak away and be with each other. I anxiously run around after lunch time rushing the kids to nap so that I may have the same pleasure. I find a way to rekindle some rest in the car if Dave is driving, even if it's only 5 or 10 mins. I even went as far as to being risky and actually fell into the arms of my sleep while in the bath tub.

I feel like I'm falling apart with out my Sleep. I miss and long for him every day. After the dinner hour comes and goes, I get a bit of an anxiety wondering what my night will be like and how much time will be stolen from Sleep and I.

As much as I love my little Joel, and want to treasure every moment of his precious life, deep down I will always have a flame for sleep and a longing to be reunited to him at my regular time of 9:30pm with out any interruptions until at least 7am!

I'm in love with Sleep.

2 comments:

Deb said...

VERY eloquently put. I also have the same longings.

My current line is that I'll sleep when I'm dead. I'm just hoping that doesn't come too quickly!

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Oh geez, I too hope that doesn't come too quickly!