Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cinders and Ashes

It's been a few months now that I've started to talk to Dave about getting a cat for our family. I've been missing having a pet in our home. I miss having the cuddles and the playing with animals. Around the Christmas time, I would see specials and movies with families which almost always included a beloved pet. Dave would continue to remind me of the litter box, the hair on everything and wouldn't seem at all interested in that world anymore. Until one day. He went to visit one of his buddies for a day and came home with a new tune. Not only did we need to get a cat, but we needed two!
I always thought we would go to the local humane society to adopt one. I wanted to be a hero to a kitty, and rescue them. But when Dave insisted on getting two young cats, I knew that picking from the humane society could be a hit and miss. After all, we have 3 little babies in our home and cats will have a wide variety of personalities and social tendencies. For our family, we needed to get kittens and have them mould their personalities as they grow with us and our children. The hunt began and I started searching the kijiji ads. Last Saturday I found these little babies who needed a home, and came without a price.

Meet Cinders and Ashes.




They are both girls and are 8 weeks old. Caleb and Amberly absolutely adore them. Caleb loves looking out for them , watching them and most importantly, playing with them. Dave and I enjoy the quiet times with them. Once the kids are all in bed, we get them out and they cuddle with us. I almost forgot the sound of a purr.

They are so great, and have settled into their new home really well. Right now they are cuddling with Dave upstairs as we await our afternoon out with friends.


Oh the joys of pets!

1 comment:

Deb said...

They are adorable! And kitten purrs are so sweet and innocent and pure. Congratulations on your new little additions.