For Christmas, Caleb was given a small aquarium from his aunt and uncle. They have a huge aquarium with an abundance of platys fish and snails. So they stock our little aquarium. We have 6 fish and 3 snails.
Well just this morning Dave asked me why the lid of the filter has come off twice now? I had no idea, and quickly in a defensive tone said "I don't know". Off to work he went. While baking in the kitchen the thought of Finding Nemo crossed my mind. I laughed to myself thinking the fish were planning a great escape. At lunch time I sat in the living room for just a quiet moment and was watching the fish. Enjoying the scene something caught my eye off to the right of the tank. There on the table was a snail. Sitting there dry as ever. Dave came home and I showed him. The snail wasn't attached to the table I just picked him up and tossed him back in. The thing is still alive. Apparently they can live out of water for a couple of days! But the vulture fish we have seem to be picking on him and he doesn't look so normal at the moment. I hope he'll be o.k.
But yes, the adventures of a snail!
No comments:
Post a Comment