Monday, May 23, 2011

The Farm

After spending a day at Shannon's parents farm, I quickly realized that Shannon (Dave's cousin and my good friend) and I had a very similar childhood, and was also reminded how dear I hold on to my memories of the farm. (Looking back at the days with open fields and 4-wheelers to drive in them!)


Our children had a blast, with freedom to run, with many things for them to do, not once did I hear "Mommy can you...."
There was a huge swing set up in the barn, we went on a long wagon ride through a marshy bush, 4-wheeler rides, ice cream and lounging around in the beautiful sunshine.

On the wagon ride we drove through so much water and marshy land.
Once the trail stopped at some dry area, we got out and explored a little in the bush. Shannon said as children they called it something which I can't remember now, but it reminded me of the springs and waterholes that were on our farm that my brother and I used to call our secret garden.
The boys were having fun throwing things into the water.
This weekend had a mixed bag when it came to weather, but all in all, it was beautiful. I did get lots of things accomplished, and survived the 3 days without my husband. Seems like things are in full swing now that this holiday weekend has gone. Our summer on the calendar is getting full of things happening, and I'm looking forward to them all.

2 comments:

amym said...

what is in the bag on the rope swing?

Funny Girl Charleney said...

I think it's just straw.