Today marks the last official day of my maternity leave. The emotions are swirling around, the fear sometimes catches a hold and the guilt continues to surround me so much that I'm struggling to climb up out of it. When birthing your baby, not only do you get the most amazing gift in the world, you also are handed over guilt. As a mom, I can't do anything without guilt not far from me. And tomorrow I enter back into the working world and guilt is beating the crap out of me. I keep reminding myself that it's only 3 days a week. I'll be home with them more than I'm not. It's good for me, good for them. Yet, I look at my snugglebug Joel and think of all the things I'll miss. Perhaps his first steps, expressions, laughter, tears and so many more things. Caleb, I'll miss taking him to school and picking him up. What if he needs his mommy to encourage him before his day starts? What if he wants Mommy to hold him after a long day? Amberly, what if her daddy doesn't have the patience she needs in the morning like her mommy has?
Ahh yes, but it's only 3 days.
I'm sure after I get this week behind me it will all be fine. Right?
1 comment:
I guess it is all about doing what you need to for your family. They are going to remember the quality time (eating dinner as a family, that you were there to tuck them into bed, read them stories) You can not be there every moment but the fact that you send them to a sitter that you trust and when you are at work you have peace of mind that they are in good hands.
Post a Comment