My Boy, Senior Kindergarten looks good you.
I thought about this long and without much effort and decided to try this, seeing how I enjoy reading some of my friends blog, why not give them the pleasure as well??? We'll see...
Thursday, September 08, 2011
A New School Year Begins
Caleb woke this morning asking "Who's day is it today Mommy?" This question is asked countless times before bed and first thing in the morning. Disappointment and complaining rang out this morning when he was informed that today was a school day. He seemed sad and told me that he didn't want to go to school FOREVER! I was sad for him, I didn't tell him that he would be in school for years and years to come, because I knew that would only make that moment worse, and for me, I'm having a hard time letting go of my boy. It's hard watching him walk into a world of school where I can't protect him and hold him close to my side to shelter him from anything that could go wrong. I know that this is all apart of growing up. I know that he will grow in knowledge not only in book sense, but in social skills and interactions. I also know that the things I've taught him will aid him in any situation and as long as I keep showering him with love, grace and understanding he will be a remarkable boy and man. I want to encourage him to be a stand out follower of Christ, and even though he's only 4 (going on 5 soon) innocence and obedience says a lot to an outsider looking in.
My Boy, Senior Kindergarten looks good you.
My Boy, Senior Kindergarten looks good you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment