Monday, September 26, 2011

Sayings

Caleb and Amberly have started Awana this year. Caleb is a Spark and Amberly is a Cubbie. Amberly has done well learning her first memory verse which was "God loved us and sent his son." 1John4:10. She has also incorporated this verse into her daily conversations such as "Mommy loves me and sent my birth" or "I love my kitty and sent myself". There have been a few tunes also that she's been singing about this. Her new verse for this week is a variation of two "All have sinned" and "while we were sinners...Christ died for us" Sometimes sinners comes out as dancers or singers. But I think they would give it to her.

Caleb has been given 2 weeks to memorize John 3:16, which is a pretty long one for him to get at his age, but with success, we have done it and he's quite proud of himself.

They both manage to make me laugh when it comes to their chatter. Just tonight Caleb went into a very descriptive story of how he managed to get his underwear wet while pooping on the toilet. It was very detailed. So much so I won't repeat it. Amberly tells me all about her new best friend Linda at Sunday school, which her name isn't Linda, it's Lisa, she's her teacher but she's her best friend anyway. Also, she manages to talk a great deal about Cody and Jordan (teenagers) when they are there to help. I think she likes the boys.

Oh they are growing so fast, right before my eyes. I'm loving every moment of it. I love watching them build their personalities, their characters. I love them.

2 comments:

amym said...

CO keeps saying 'I HAVE SIN' for the cubbies verse instead of 'all have sinned'...which always gives me a good laugh

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Actually I remember Caleb saying I have sin for that verse! Too cute!