Monday, January 28, 2013

And in the Midst of Fog...

I look out our front window and just see the fog settling lower to the ground, making things dull, grey and blanketed. It's days like today that I'm happy to be home. Sounds odd I know. But I like the comfort of my home on these days, where I can curl up on the couch with a blanket, because not only does this weather bring a sense of sleep to me, it also brings it to my baby. Baking cookies and their smell filling the air is another thing I enjoy on these days.

I fall in love with our home more and more each day, today it was the kindness of a stranger who stopped on his way out of the street to shove the boulders of wet snow the snowplow left behind out of our driveway. This past weekend Dave hung our family pictures above the fireplace mantel in our family room and this has now become my favourite room in the house. I can't help but think that even though 2012 was such a difficult year, and the move here was insane, God is walking me slowly up a hill. There are moments where I fall and slide down the hill a little, but He is quick to help me up.

The end of January is here and we are back into a regular routine. Caleb is enjoying school, and his gentle heart is so kind and loving, I'm proud of him every single day. Amberly is so creative, most of the things she brings home from school to me without explanation is just plain odd, but when she tells you what it is to her, well then, so be it! She is working hard at being a helpful and kind big sister to Joel who turns to her for attention and companionship. Joel misses Amberly when she is away. He gets so happy for return, and although after a day at school Amberly wants nothing to do with him, he still lovingly follows her everywhere. We are currently waiting upon an appointment date for Weetalk through the public health. My doctor suggested that we have him assessed by a speech therapist. He doesn't say many words, he does talk in his own language a lot, and most of the time I know what he wants or he shows me. And although the doctor isn't too concerned, she doesn't want to miss the ball if there is a problem and risk having a long term effect on him.

Almost time to get the kids from school. It was a no-bus day today, but I still sent mine to school. I feel bad, knowing that if I were them I would want to be home, but I know that they would have more fun there then here. There will be a lot more opportunities when they are older to stay home on no-bus days, and when they are older, it would mean more to them, getting a day off school!

1 comment:

She Carries It said...

Your kids are all so sweet - I miss seeing you guys! I watch a little girl who doesn't talk a whole lot either - but she definitely knows how to communicate! I hope everything checks out with Joel - its probably partly for peace of mind your doc wants him to get checked out - and I know that if he does need some therapy, the gov only covers that up until a certain age, so the sooner the better to get looked at! :) Have a great rest of your week!