Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Favourite Things

I've got a quiet afternoon. Most days that both Amberly and Caleb are in school are quiet at home, especially in the afternoon while Joel naps. Sometimes I nap with him, other times I watch television, and then others I am productive and get things done. One thing I should be doing is exercising while he's napping. I used to do that, but I don't have that motivation any more.

Update! After typing the above, I rushed downstairs and hopped on the bike and did 25 minutes burning 368 calories! Woohoo! I definitely need to do that more often as it makes me feel so much better afterwards! I'm so not a morning person, but maybe I should get up with my hubby and work out with him in the mornings, it would give us time with each other first thing....but I bet you tomorrow the alarm will go off and I will covet my warm blankets and just stay there :)

Today I've just been enjoying my time I have with the kids. Joel is just so much fun. His emotions are written all over his face, and most of the time he just looks so joyful. He doesn't have many words that one can understand (outside of his mommy) but hearing his squeals of delight when someone he loves walks through the door is one of my favourite things. I've been thinking today of all the things that I love and that I'm thankful for. I'm going to list some of my favourite things, may be a bit of a bore, but to me, absolute, pure joy!

-The way Joel talks in his own language. Sings in his own language
-The way Caleb talks passionately about a game, his eyes wide and intense
-Amberly and her constant chatter and make believe while she plays
-Their desire to snuggle, I pray that never ends
-When he tries not to smile at something so funny, I know deep down he is laughing
-My personal care giver in the bathroom, Joel is like an automatic toilet, he hands you the toilet paper and as soon as you stand up he flushes for you.
-Joel's concern over ouchies, his constant checking, looking, touching, again diagnosing in his own chatter, leads me to believe a future in medicine??? (ha ha)
-The way I feel after I have exercised, energized and good about myself
-having friends who are there for me when ever I need them
-ooooh my electric blanket
-The sunshine and clear blue sky
-Amberly and her gorgeous long hair, and her requests for design, turning me into a stylist
-how all three kids play well together even it's only for a few moments
-the sounds that fill the house with happy kids
-a clean house with that clean smell
-a small community to raise the kids in, where everyone seems to know who they are and where they belong
-listening to awesome music and having the coolest kids in town who can sing along to Mumford and Sons
-planning summer camping weekends in January
-seeing the excitement on my little girls face with anticipation of a sleepover coming up
-cooking supper in peace (means kids are happily entertaining each other and themselves)
-a pup that shows glimpses of goodness
-a reminder of no matter how I feel about myself, I'm loved in ways unexplainable by my heavenly Father

My list can go on and on, when you start to really look at your day and the moments in them, it's easy to be thankful to my creator, and the blessings He has bestowed on me.


1 comment:

She Carries It said...

I love reading your blog, Charlene :) I too am trying to make at least a mental list of my "favourite" things throughout my day. Hope you have a great week!