Monday, January 07, 2013

Happy New Year

We are in 2013. Kids are back to school today. Joel is napping, and everything is quiet in the house. Too quiet. I took the Christmas tree down, packed everything away, cleaned and moved things back to their normal places and the holiday season is gone for another year.

Even though it's only the first week in, I feel like something is missing. Normally with a new calendar year comes things to anticipate. But so far we don't have anything. Maybe it's because I'm not working, there isn't an urgency to coordinate vacation days with Dave and our babysitter. I don't know what it is, but it feels different.

Goals/Resolutions for 2013. I know that I want to live intentionally. Not sure what everyday will look like, but I want there to be a purpose for everything, and I want to be physically/emotionally present in every moment. I want to be a better Mom. I want to have patience that never ends. I want to be a better wife, to generate a smile on his face each day. There is so many other things I want to do this year. With a little practise and determination, I'm sure it will be a wonderful year.

What are your goals for 2013?

No comments: