Sunday, November 06, 2005

More Than a Friend

Ok, I now have something very important to share. You are Wonderfully Made! You are wonderful! I know that you probably don't ever think this about yourself, I don't think this about myself hardly ever. We had a guest speaker today at church, and he focused on this fact. It doesn't matter how we look, what we wear, God loves us the way we are, he made us this way. And at this moment it's hit me. I'm told this quite regularly, but it's at this moment where I feel it, and it's so beautiful. Everyday we go through tough times, stress filled days, trying our hardest to be our best, and at the end of our days, we're worn out, we're tired and sometimes we feel used and neglected, but this is all nonsense when we get this concept that whatever and whoever we are, Jesus loves us, more than we now. I searched for this song this afternoon, because I knew that it was pretty and I was in the mood to listen to quiet music, but I never listened to the words until now, and I'm going to share them with you. If only you could hear it, because it's even more amazing with the music. I hope the words can touch you in the slightest way.

More than a Friend

In the quiet of my Soul
In the stillness I hear your voice call
And I'm overwhelmed, and I'm lost for words
To describe you

Jesus you're more than a friend
Jesus you're more than my heart could ever express
Your love and your grace never fail me
Your merciful touch always heals me
You bring joy to my soul

My heart longs to worship you my King
And I long to bring you a pleasing offering
And I am overwhelmed, and I am lost for words
To describe you

That's it. If we're just quiet and hear Him, we would understand and see the joy he gives us, just by putting our "stuff" away for a bit, we would hear and feel Him. Just remember, you are a wonderful creation.

No comments: