Saturday, December 03, 2005

Lots of Snow!


Today Dave and I left early for Orangeville, and the drive there was nice and dandy, until we reached Orangeville, and there was a dark cloud, snowing atop of the town. It was great really. The drive slowed down a bit, but I was ok with that.

My Mom, Benji and I went and chopped down the perfect Christmas tree. We had lots of fun doing it too, the trees were covered with snow, so we had to shake them off in order to get a good look of them, but made it easy to see which ones we passed by! It was fun! Then got home and just relaxed, the boys played some hockey and stuff. Then Steve called so I talked with him for a bit. But then we had to leave.

Joe is here for the evening, he's moving to the USA, and leaves on Wednesday, so this is his last night to hang out with Dave. They of course are in the basement watching the Leaf game, that's why I'm here! Actually I missed an opportunity to see Pride and Prejudice with Jay today, so I'm going tonight with Christa and Jolene. It should be fun, but a late night for sure. I'll have to order a diet coke just to stay awake!

I had a good week really, it was my long week at work, but I had my annual performance appraisal, and it was a glowing review. I quite honestly was surprised how well I did, I was beginning to wonder if my attitude towards my job was started to reveal itself to others around me, but I guess it doesn't. My manager thinks I'm a wonderful person, who is a great encourager and is always seeking out ways to help others. I thought "oh!". So in the end it looks like a get a tiny increase in salary, which never hurts! This month at work is fun, with Christmas celebrations going on, everyone is in a happier mood. My secret Santa gave me a reindeer that poops! It's funny!

One last thought, last weekend on itravel2000.com there was an all inclusive 4* resort holiday to Jamacia for only $539 each! hmmmm, can you say hot vacation coming up soon?

No comments: