Wow, I am always surprised at how fast Christmas comes and goes! It was a great time, as always too! Saturday, Dave and I got up and left home around 9am. We made it to the farm and settled in. After lunch is when all the relatives started to arrive. There was 24 of us this year, we had a good time, we each all brought a $6 gift and played the gift exchange game. Dave and I did great and ended up leaving with the things we wanted, he with golf balls and me with a sign that said "Dashing Through the Snow". My cousin's baby was the hit this year. My other cousin's wife is pregnant, leaving only Dave and I and my other cousin with out kids, and we never heard the end of that! Then once all the company left, we later then played the "penny" game and then put our presents under the tree and then went to bed.
Christmas morning we got up around 7:20am and started opening up gifts! Here's what I got:
Outburst Remix from Benji
Coldplay cd and a Willow tree angel of love from Buddy
The Polar Express and Superstar from Denise
Necklace with a heart charm and saphires and socks from my parents
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (old and new), Willow tree ornament of a husband and wife, socks, fish bowl, the Polar Express, Satsuma cream and chocolate and a home made card from Dave.
Then we ate breakfast and played Scene It (Buddy got that for Christmas) then Dave and I packed up and left for Elmira to be with his parents. There I got a few more things there, like Corner Gas dvd's more socks and decorative plate set from them. I was spoiled! Dave too was spoiled as I broke down and bought him his table top hockey game he so loves. So Christmas night Mike and Joy came over and Joy and I watched my Superstar movie while Mike helped Dave put his game together!
We had a wonderful Christmas together. Yesterday my parents and Buddy and Benji came over for the day, we watched The March of the Penguins and ate food! Today, Dave and I are basically doing nothing. Tomorrow we're back to work for 2 days and then we'll be both off until ummmm Jan 8th I think. We're not going anywhere, we just wanted to have a break away from work.
Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
ps movie season is good, we went and saw Harry Potter #4 and it was one of the best so far I think, and we're planning on seeing Narnia this week, and when Lesya gets back I'm hoping to see Memoirs of a Geisha.
No comments:
Post a Comment