Saturday, August 12, 2006

Week of Peace and Reflection and Food!

We arrived home last night after a full day of driving. I had a great week. It started last Thursday night when we departed Elmira around 11pm. Steve and Christa were driving Dave and I with their truck and utility trailer. Kris and Shannon had rented a mini van and Sharlene and Jason had rented a SUV. Dave and I lasted as far as Barrie when I bailed on their ride and joined Kris and Shannon. We had a very safe drive up and arrived in Agawa Bay roughly around 10:30am. Between the 9 of us we had 2 camp sites. Steve and Christa was on ours. Friday we napped and had a good supper.

Now with camping comes lots of food. Christa and I were terrible as we totally stoocked up on all the junk you could possibly imagine. Chocolate bars, candy, chips, cookies. It was great! I'm totally afraid to step on the scale to see the damage of this past week, as yes the wieght has begun to be put on. As much as 18lbs so far. I am 23 wks along now, in a few more days I'll be 6mths.

Anyway, we had great weather. On Sunday I think I over did myself with a hike and then a long swim, as Monday I was pretty sick. I lost both breakfast and lunch and that is still with taking my medicine! I rested a great deal that day. Then of course after feeling heaps better a sinus cold settled in for the rest of my time there. But despite that all, I enjoyed every second there.

I can't describe how beautiful it is there. The water alone blows me away. I can swim out as far as my arms would take me and still see the bottom, yet it was so very deep. The sunsets are always pretty too.

Spending the week with these friends was awesome too. You do so much bonding and laughing, it's hard to leave. Dave, Shannon and Sharlene are all cousins, but it was like camping with your family it was so fun. Their Aunt and Uncle Lorraine and Maynard was also there this week, in their luxery trailer at the other end of the park, we had lots of fun. Dave was able to do some hiking with Maynard, as I the pregnant one was incapable of keeping up with him. The first hike I did that Sunday was a very short one, along the rocks of the water to see indian pictographs and the steps back up to the parking lot killed me. I was so sad with myself wondering how on earth I let myself get this way. But I was reassured when I was told being pregnant can tire you out more than normal.

The week had some great laughs and memorable times. I think my favourite times was just being with everyone at the camp fires or at the water. I also enjoyed the trip home. I was totally dreading the drive home. But we had a great time. The four of us talked a lot, which made the time go faster. We stopped in Sudbury for awhile and found an East Side Mario's for lunch.

Oh and the cool thing too, was just before heading into Parry Sound, a big black bear ran across the road in front of us. It was so awesome! Dave also had an accident with a pop and candy that made me cry I was laughing so hard.

I'm sad the week is over. Today we will spend it cleaning up our stuff. Then we are going out to test drive some trucks, woohoo! I love doing that. We'll also buy something more for Baby, if not the bedding for the room, perhaps the stroller/car seat.

1 comment:

Deb said...

WOW Char I'm so glad you had a great time.

Pregnancy slows you down -- a lot! I guess its in preparation for the fact that everything will take 3 times as long after the baby is born (I didn't believe it either, but unfortunately its true).

Glad you are home safe and sound!