Sunday, November 12, 2006

Busy Day

Well today I had my whole family over (minus Denise because she unfortunately had to work) to celebrate my Mom's birthday. I provided dinner for everyone. I made a big thing of chilli and a loaf of bread and rice. It was very good and there are no left overs!! Steve and Sally once they arrived went with Benji and Buddy and the girls to St. Jacobs. Then Dave and I took Mom and Dad to the hospital to show them how to get there. After that we went to Burger King for lunch and then to Babies R Us. Dave and I bought a change table mat and a breast pump! We got money from a couple of my aunts and I said it will be funny to write in their thank you cards, "thanks so much for your gift we bought a breast pump with it" hahaha

We all met back at the house and we had Mom open her gifts, then we had cake. It was a great day, I love having my family here. As I'm here typing, Sunshine is looking at me oddly. Poor girl is getting so old, I hope she's ok! Actually she looks really ticked off, probably because of Krista and Brooke running around! hahaha I love cat personalities!

Well back to work tomorrow. I think I have decided that I will make December 1 my last day of work. I originally thought I would work until I went into labour, but I didn't realize how exhausting it can be. I struggle everyday there, if I don't have anything to eat every 2 hours I'm a zombie! So I'm looking at the paperwork I need to complete and hopefully tomorrow I'll get to meet with the guy to help me fully understand how things will work, and get everything organized.

Also tomorrow is another Dr. appt. Like I said before, I really enjoy going to these appointments because I get reassured that everything is normal. I'm gonna ask him if he thinks I've "dropped" much and ask him how much he thinks this little one is weighing. Dave told me this morning he's betting on a 10 pound baby. I smacked him and said he better not be hoping for that or else I'll kill him!

Well my eyes are getting heavy, and it's only shortly after 7pm. Benji brought us Cars to watch, but we have another one of his movies called Unfinished Life, so I think Dave and I will watch that one first before Cars. I'll let you know if I like it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to tease sarah that she was having a 15 pounder but Carter turned out to only be 7lb 10oz

Deb said...

If your hospital is anything like mine, the nurses will tell you that 10 lb'ers are NORMAL!

Crazy eh????

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Well I haven't dropped and my doctor told me that if all goes well, generally a woman can carry the size of baby that she was at birth, if that's the case I was 9lbs 11oz. SCAREY!! Dave tells me all the time, "yep 10 pounds" I told him that if it comes out weighing 10 pounds, we are never having sex again! hahaha

Deb said...

Char: I was 6 lbs at birth and P was 9. I think his theory is flawed!!