Well today was the first afternoon I was home alone with Caleb. Dave worked from home this morning, we had the Public Health Nurse come for a visit, so he wanted to be here for that. Then after lunch he headed to work. I managed ok. I won't go into the details of my methods of feeding Caleb, but there's a bit more work involved now, so I have to get myself into a routine. I felt the afternoon was spent feeding him. But hey, that's ok, he's so adorable, I love just holding him. And admiring him.
Our Christmas was special. Christmas eve we didn't get to hold much of him. My mom's whole family gets together that day, so there was almost 30 people at the farm, and yes, everyone had to have a hold. Caleb is so so good. He doesn't cry a whole lot, and he's so laid back. The loud crowd didn't seem to phase him one bit!
Christmas morning there was an overflowing pile of presents. I haven't seen so many before. And Dave and I were very overwhelmed, everyone bought something special for Caleb, and we totally didn't expect that. We also were spoiled. Right now I'm listening to a cd that Dave bought me Integrety's Worship Platinum. It is so great I love it! This year was the year of pj's for myself. I got 4 pairs of pj's and they are all pink! Adorable! And most importantly, COMFY!
I'm healing quite well now. I still have to take some pain killers late afternoon, as that's when the stiffness and uncomfortableness hits. Having a baby is such a blessing, but you know, it's very overwhelming. I have been an emotional wreck. I will fully admit that I have suffered with the baby blues. I look at my little man and sometimes worry that I'm not sufficient enough. Then with the struggles we have had with his weight, it was heartbreaking. But now that I have somewhat of a plan, I feel more confident in myself. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband. He has been just an amazing help. He's just so involved. He keeps looking at Caleb and says, "He's cute, I like him, I think we'll keep him, and we should get another one too!" hahaha, I told him that he needs to wait, because my memory is not that bad, it will take a bit to forget. The labour thing was alright, it's this after labour that is so hard.




4 comments:
Very Cute Pics Char!!
The Baby Blues are normal and with good reason. You're a hormonal wreck PLUS it can be a bit overwhelming at first (starts going away a bit after a few months). It can get really bad though so if you feel totally overwhelmed or that you can't cope, get to the hospital/your doctor. THEY CAN HELP!! It's nothing to be ashamed about because it happens to a lot of people!!! That bit of advice also goes for Dave so keep an eye on him while he keeps an eye on you :) It all works out in the end though so keep that in mind!
Oh Char, you're doing a WONDERFUL job with Caleb :) In the beginning its ALL feeding and diapers, but eventually it becomes more!
I am glad that you ALL were completely spoiled for Christmas, and 4 pairs of jammies will come in really handy since you likely won't get dressed very often for the next few months!
LOVE the pictures!
The picture of all 3 of you is the best! Dave looks so proud!
first half day home alone AND you had time and energy to blog...sounds like you are doing AWESOME! YEAH CHARLENE! The fact that having a baby doesn't seem to have slowed you down much appears that you are going to be just fine! Glad to hear the Christmas went so well...the picture of Caleb in the santa hat makes me laugh...there is something about a chubby baby in a Santa hat!
And as for the tears...they are theraputic...and you have a very good excuse...I spent most of Wednesday blubbering and sobbing and I didn't JUST have a baby! I was only reading a book...a very great one at that!
Post a Comment