Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It's 2007

Wow, I can't believe that we're in 2007. Really, it wasn't that long ago that we were celebrating year 2000 right?!?!

Well currently Caleb is laying on the floor behind me looking at the window, all the light he likes. It's amazing how he changes too. In his face I can really see differences. He's definately got his father's brow. He has a serious look on him all the time. He's telling stories too which is so adorable. On top of it all he's already so strong. He can hold his head up and turn it around. When he's on his tummy he can lift up his head and move it from side to side. It's amazing!

Our New Years Eve was really nice. We had about 12 people over, the girls watched a chick flick, The Lake House, it was a different movie, but I liked it. While the men played poker and watched that Ricky Bobby movie. I'm paying for my late night now though, as our last guest left at 2am! Then yesterday we went to my parents for the afternoon and dinner.

Today is my very first day home alone with Caleb. It's quite nice. I finally can have a bit of "me time" and not have to worry about having to entertain anyone besides my baby. I still have to learn how to do things in a day, but if I don't get anything done today, my excuse is that I'm still so tired from the past weekend, that I just wanted to veg and rest!

Tonight I may go out to Toys R Us to update our registry, take things off that are generic and put little boy things on. I was going to go and do that this afternoon, but have decided that I would probably be more efficient if I were to leave Caleb home with his daddy while I do that!

I loved Deb's journal idea and how she keeps a written one. So I think that for 2007 Dave and I will attempt to try one out, see if we can do one. So I may pick up a journal tonight too. We'll see. I say all this now, but come this evening I may just want to stay in!

Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I am glad you seem to be doing so well and its awesome to hear about Caleb's progress!

As for the journal, just remember to keep it brief. We use sentences that are short and we use shortforms for everything! :) Easier to manage. I hope you enjoy keeping one!