Sure it's supposed to be a romantic day, but somehow it never ends up like that for me. I never used to like Valentine's Day, mostly because I didn't have someone special to share it with. But then Dave came along and I told him that it was a huge responsibility on his part to make this day special for me to make up for all those un-celebrated years! He's tried his best, I got a nice delivery of flowers yesterday from him, they loook very pretty. I guess that is romantic, but instead of going out tonight, he has his men Bible study here! I should see if the wives of these guys feel the same way I do???
Today I was supposed to take Caleb to the doctors for his 2 month check up, but because of the weather, I called and rescheduled, so now it's not until next Tuesday. I bought Caleb "Love You Forever" for his first Valentine's. That's a pretty special gift I think!
I've borrowed "The Walton's" season 1 from my parents, and I have been watching them this week. I love it. I sometimes wish life could be that simple. But then again, it was during the depression, and for many adults that would not be simple. But those kids sure look like they had a wonderful childhood!
Hmmm so how am I going to spend this Romantic day? Well I want to shovel the driveway out. Then I might watch some chick flicks, I borrowed "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" and "Lucky 13" from my brother. So I think I will conquer those two today! That is if Caleb lets me!
I hope you all aren't snowed in too bad! Have fun! Happy Valentine's Day.
2 comments:
I wrote a nice response earlier but couldn't get it to 'take' as ME or as ANNON. Blogger sucks sometimes.
SHOVELING THE DRIVEWAY IS NOT ROMANTIC! I hope Dave has something planned BEFORE and AFTER bible study!!
We're doing nothing special. K gave me a rotten night and a not-so-good day either. Joy.
well we just made sushi together and ate it.
I'm sure Dave shows how much he loves you every day...do you really need to do something on EXACTLY the 14th of Feb? (coming from someone who's family doesn't really celebrate much)
Waltons....I LOVE family friendly televsion! I wish stuff like that was on regular tv all the time now...even if it was just reruns!
I splurged and got a PVR yesterday...WOW! takes TV watching to a WHOLE new level! pause, rewind, fastfoward live tv...and recording shows to watch whenever...BYE BYE VCR! (well maybe not as I still have VCR movies that I'm attached to)
Post a Comment