I haven't gone outside today, but I know it was supposed to get warmer this week. Today I feel pretty lazy. I'm not 100% sure why I feel this way. Maybe it's because I had a busy weekend, there were things that were actually planned and we were out most of both days. Saturday, Dave took Caleb and I into Waterloo to the mall. We haven't done that together in a long time. We bought Caleb a couple of pants and sleepers. I found that we got a lot of 0-3mth and 6-12mth clothes, but nothing in between, so we had to get a few things that he can more comfortably wear.
We also went to Canadian Tire for a few necessities and then had lunch out. We got home in the afternoon, and I spent the afternoon just resting. I then had a girls night out with a couple of friends from work. We went to Boston Pizza for dinner and then went to see Music and Lyrics. It was a lot of fun. The movie was cute. I'm not a Hugh Grant fan, but he did good in it.
Sunday we went to church and then went to Steve and Christa's for lunch. They invited a bunch of us over. We stayed there until Caleb's 2:00 feed and then we left and looked through model homes. I don't think I want to move, but I like entertaining the thought, especially when we saw a couple of big houses that were soooo nice! We got home late in the afternoon again and then spent the rest of the night relaxing. Dave and I watched The World Trade Centre, it was ok.
Lately Caleb won't let us put him down to sleep in the evening between his 6pm and 10pm feeding. He falls asleep in our arms and then we try to lay him down and he starts crying. He doesn't do this during the day or after 10pm, he is quite happy to be put down to sleep. But it's in the evening where that changes, so I don't mind him doing it at that time, because I can cuddle up with him on the couch and watch tv. There is something so touching when a baby snuggles in for a sleep. I find I watch him sleep more than I do the tv!
Tomorrow we are off to Orangeville for his 2 month check up. I'm a little nervous because he gets his needles, but I know he will be ok. We are going to spend the whole day there afterwards.
1 comment:
Patrick LOVED to be held to sleep too. USually it was nice, but when it go to the point where he wanted to be held EVERY SLEEP it got really wearing! I remember endless afternoons infront of the TV with the lights off holding him so he would sleep.
K is the same. She would LOVE to be held ALL the time, but its just not possible. So, I haven't really let her get in the habit which is sad because holding a sweet sleeping baby is amazing!
Hope your 2M appointment goes well. Did you give Caleb some tylenol before his shots? I remember doing that with P. I also found that we were 'out of whack' for a few days after the shots - Patrick was always cranky and wanted to sleep more, but found getting to sleep difficult. I remember him being in the swing in the kitchen, and the only thing that would calm him was me singing at the top of my lungs for an hour. Oh memories!
Post a Comment