7:30am I got a call from Steve, Christa had a baby girl 6am this morning! Weighing 7lbs, 10oz, they named her Cara Faith, quite pretty I think. I was so happy for them. Christa was a super woman, going through the whole labour without an epidural.
Yesterday afternoon Christa called me telling me that she thought her water had broke. Since Dave was home for the day I told her that I would come over and be with her until either her Mom or Steve could come. At 5pm Christa called me and said it was a false alarm, the hospital told her that her water did not break. All the while she also said she was experiencing gas like pains. Well these pains must have gotten worse through the night because they went to the hospital at 3am!
I took Caleb out this morning to shop for some cute Robeez shoes. I found some real cute purple ones with snails on them. Now the debate is do we wait until they are home to see them or go to the hospital. If we go to the hospital, then we would have to find a baby sitter for Caleb, as they do not allow children (besides siblings) under the age of 14 in. I'm hoping they come home tonight and that would solve all problems! We'll see, they have huge families on both sides which means, they may not want to see us, so we'll see what they want.
Caleb is now in his jolly jumper, quite happily standing there, he hasn't quite got the jumping part of it. He is a creature of routine which is really nice for me! He eats and then wants to be rotated between his chair, mobile, jolly jumper and then will want sleep, after napping he likes his swing. I have to incorporate his exersaucer in there somewhere. At 2:30 it's our afternoon story time, and I read him two books, and he seems quite interested in the pictures. Late morning and late evening he enjoys the baby einstein, I try him with them during the afternoon, but he doesn't like it then, strange!
No comments:
Post a Comment