That's right, Caleb had his first disasterous diaper today. Gross! I knew he was poopy, but I had the bottle in the warmer, so I thought I would just wait until after he was fed. I should have known something was up when I was pulling his pants off and he had big smiles. Well he leaked out the side, on his pants and onesie of course. So I removed the socks and shoes and then tried to figure out how I was going to get the onesie off successfully without making a bigger mess. While I stood there thinking, Caleb decided to spew milk all down the front of him, down his neck to the back of his head. At this point I was just thinking BATH! But I knew that would make him tired and I want to go outside with him this afternoon. So I tried to remove the onesie and shirt in one quick motion, I got it off, then I wiped the back of his neck to clean off the milk. Then I removed the diaper, and man, it was all up is leg and foot! YUCK! Then again he spews more milk. So once his bottom end was clean I sat him on his bum and started to wipe his neck again! THEN I discovered I managed to get poo on his head by my "one quick motion" removal! The poor kid. All the while he was smiling at me, he was probably thinking "This is GREAT!!"
So now all that being said, I'm going to get him ready and go out for the second time around the block in his baby carrier. This morning he fell right asleep, so he didn't get to see the little ducks in the stream at the back. I hope this time he'll stay awake for a bit!
3 comments:
I'd say... disgusting and funny! This gave me a good laugh.
Congrats!!
well atlest the poop travelled down...I always find it a mystery when it travels up the back of the body...and it is very gross!
Oh Char.. so much fun!!!
Kathryn has frequent "blowouts" usually up your back, so I could see you in my minds eye struggling to get the onesie off, I can totally relate.
Post a Comment