Last week I had a series of bad days. On my girls weekend away (which was so much fun!) Sunday I developed a sore throat. By the time I got home I just cried! It progressively got worse over night and into Monday. When I am sick, I get very emotional, so I did a lot of crying. Dave came home Monday afternoon to work from home and take care of both Caleb and me. He was so good to me, he even went out and got me a milkshake from McDonald's considering that was all I ate that day. Tuesday my Mom came for the day, and Dave also stayed home again. I was well taken care of and I was able to get a doctor's appt. that night in O'ville. Once there I found out I had a bad case of tonsillitis. She gave me a prescription for antibiotics, I ended up staying at my parents for the night and all day Wednesday. I headed home that night and relaxed, by that time at night, I was feeling somewhat better. I could swallow without grinding my teeth.
Thursday I felt so much better, but then later found out that day my aunt passed away. Plus I am now in charge of the toddler nursery at church and man I did a lot of regretting Friday about that, nothing was going the way they needed to be, and I so frustrated and angry that I had another emotional breakdown! Saturday I got up early, went to the church to work on some things, then home to get ready for the funeral. The funeral was nice, but very sad. It brought back memories of other funerals, like my Grandma's, very emotional.
That evening things seem to brighten up. We went to our friends house, they just moved and we got to check out their nice new home. Sunday we got packed and ready to head to Orangeville. We went to East Sides for lunch and then to the Fair. Mmmm they had funnel cakes! Then we went to my parents place. Dave and Caleb stayed behind while I went with my Dad, Benji and Denise back to the fair for the demolition derby. This year's derby was the best one I've ever seen. Cars rolling over, so exciting! We stayed the night at my parents and then celebrated Denise's birthday for lunch on Monday.
This week is going by fast. Tuesday I went out and got Caleb a gate for the top of our stairs since he's become so active. Yesterday I did a big grocery shop and also bought some cute outfits for our little guy. Today we're just taking it easy this morning, then this afternoon I'm going back to the church to tidy up the toddler room. Plus I might go and register Caleb for Starfish swimming again. Tonight I'm going with my sister in law to a Mary Kay event. I get a makeover! I'm excited about that, just the face, not hair. But apparently I'll be entered into a contest. Never thought of myself as pretty for a contest, but Joy see's something in me I guess! ha ha ha, and my cutey husband's line was "how can you makeover perfection?" ha ha ha! He makes me feel pretty.
This weekend we have the agfa ball tournament. My parents are coming for Saturday and Sunday, to look after the little guy. Then baseball will be officially done! Man, then I know summer is over. So sad!
3 comments:
Where is your Mary Kay event? Is it at the Walper Terrace Hotel (I think that is the name)? My friend Julia who does MK will be there, and Sally is going as one of her guests. I am not sure if I'm going, because I couldn't get there till 8:30, and then I'd have to wash off all the makeup shortly after getting it put on!
WOW! that is one crazy week! Glad to hear you had lots of people to look after you. My throat is bugging me bad today but I am hoping it is just a cold as mom's started bothering her yesterday. Tylenol seems to be doing the trick for me today so that I can drink lots.
Tonsillitis can be a doozy! I am happy that you pulled through!
And the derby...cars rolling...YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!
Oh Wow Char.. what a rollercoster week for you! Hope you have a relaxing weekend.
Post a Comment