These past 48 hours have been crazy! I've been so busy and emotional, I'm seeing double currently and am suffering with a mild head ache. Today I've been on the go. I got up early, showered, got Caleb up and ready for the day and we were at IGA at 8:05am to get the things we need for tonight and this weekend. Then after Caleb's 35 minute nap, I rushed down to the new park to meet Shannon and the kiddies. There I got to visit with Shannon while pushing Caleb on the swing. Then I rushed back home to get Caleb in the car and on our way to work. I had to stop in today so I could chose Caleb's Christmas present. The company lets us go throught the Home Hardware toy catalogue and pick out a $25 gift for your child. So I got 2 things, a Winnie the Pooh phone and bath toys. While there I was surrounded, my child was the centre of attention for quite a while! Then home again for lunch and I've begun the process of cleaning the house. Caleb is supposed to be napping right now, but I hear him chatting away, probably to his prayer bear. Tonight we are having Dave's co-worker Rob and his family over for dinner. That's a lot of work!
Yesterday I was a wreck. I got a message on the machine in the morning from the lady I had lined up to take Caleb for us in December. She left a message to say that she feels she has too much on her plate and can't take Caleb. I flipped out, I cried, I didn't know what to do. I emailed Dave to tell him, then I emailed Lesa to tell her and to get some help. Lesa had recommended this lady to me, so she felt bad, but she came through with lots of names for me to try. None of them she knew, we were going on recommendations only. I again struggled over this, because I didn't know any of them, plus I hated the thought of calling all these people and being turned down, or finding out they have sooo many kids. I called Shannon and bless her heart she said she would take him if we needed her to. But I called only one lady, the one lady who seemed to have the best reviews, and praise the Lord, she said she can take him. I'm meeting her on Tuesday, and everything she told me sounded perfect, she only has one or two other children (which is perfect, that is what I wanted) and that she likes to spend time with them, doing educational activities, and field trips, spend lots of time outdoors. The money was right, the location is perfect, just down around the corner. So lets hope that Tuesday will be amazing and that I get my sense of peace back!
Well I better start working on the main level cleaning wise. Thanksgiving will be fun. We're heading to my parents for Saturday and Sunday, I'm hoping to go for a hike on the Bruce trail, and I'm looking forward to stuffing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment