Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas is Coming! Hooray!

We're full blown into the Christmas season now. It's wonderful! I find myself getting excited more and more every day. I love this time of year. This year, however, I find that I'm easily stressing myself out over things. I don't know if it's the underlying economic times, but I get stressed out about money, and I feel like everything we needed has all come to surface this month. (why this month of all months!) I also stress over the sentimental aspect of my gifts. I think and think about Dave's Christmas present and how I can make is special and meaningful. But I have to remind myself, that to him, it's no big deal. Anything I get him, he will love. (well not everything) And there's so many things I want to do to make it memorable for me, that I think all I'll remember is the stress of trying to get everything done. I want to get the kids to a mall to see Santa, I want to get to Waterloo park to see all the lights, it seems never ending. It's Amberly's first Christmas, so I want it to memorable and it will be the first Christmas where Caleb will actually be excited opening presents.

This Christmas brings change too. This may be causing a bit of my stress too, since I don't deal with change so well. But this year is the first year where I won't be at my parents over night on Christmas eve. Dave and I decided that it would be easier on the kids and on us to come home after my extended family Christmas eve party, be at home Christmas morning to open up our gifts and then head back to my parents for the rest of the day.

Many gathering with friends happens this month too. Starting this week! Tomorrow night I'm helping out at a ladies function at my church where we'll be making Christmas cards. Tuesday, hopefully my parents are coming for the day to babysit while I attend my department Christmas lunch, then Tues. evening, I'm meeting with friends for dessert then going to see Australia the movie. Saturday is Caleb's 2nd birthday. It's a packed full day. In the morning we're going to my work's kids Christmas party, then my family is coming in the afternoon to celebrate Krista's 7th birthday, then at 4, Dave's family will be joining in and we'll start celebrating Caleb's. We have about 17 adults and 6 children to feed dinner to. Yikes! Then Sunday we have a friends Christmas party to attend. It's exhausting just thinking about it.

It's the little details that I'm a sucker for, I leave it all to last minute. I did finish my Christmas cards this weekend, now I have to remember to get stamps!

Ahhh I love this time of year.

No comments: