Monday, December 15, 2008

The Weekend is Over!

I am tired. Plain and Simple. Last week was just nuts and Saturday, crazy! I wish I could have a break, but we have 2 more events with people coming to our house this week, so it doesn't slow down. Caleb's birthday was a blast, despite the chaos and stress! In the morning we attended my work's Kids Christmas party. Caleb has decided he doesn't like Santa (we discovered this Friday night when we took them to have pictures done, he flat out refused, like stiffness and kicking refused to sit on Santa's knee!) so when it came time to go to Santa for his present and picture, I got to bridge the gap between the two! He loved his gift, a John Deere tractor that rumbles and a fire truck. Amberly just chilled, got her picture with Santa, she got the fisher price fish bowl set.

Then Caleb's party started at home. My family all arrived first so we could celebrate Krista's birthday first. She did great, getting books and crafty things. Then at 4, Dave's family arrived, along with Kris and Shannon, and their 2 little ones, and Steve and Christa and Cara. We served up a big meal of pasta and cesar salad and garlic bread. It was a lot of work, I found I got so stressed out over everything, but it went off without a hitch. Caleb was spoiled. He got trucks, books, cars, a train set, clothes! He was so cute, watching him open up things. He was so hyper too! After everyone had left, we put him in a bath and that seemed to help him calm down. Then he went to bed without hesitation.

Sunday was so great, because he was so taken with all his new stuff, he happily played all by himself in his room, which in turn gave me a quiet morning to get ready at my own pace, instead of being rushed! Then after church we had a Christmas party to go to at 4pm. It was o.k. Because I was tired, it just seemed like a lot of work to be at the party with both kids. But they seemed to be happy, which made me happy.

This morning, I went to get groceries. After lunch I had a bath and slept a bit. But I feel just as tired as before. I have to pick up Caleb at Christa's at 4 and Dave is working late tonight, so I'm just throwing in a pizza in the oven, and hoping for a quiet evening.

No comments: