Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tackling the Little Stuff

Today Caleb spent the day with Christa. So I had the opportunity to run out and do some things. I went and ordered Caleb's cake and pick up a few things, then I stopped to get a prescription re-filled and bought wrapping paper. Then once home and baby fed, I thoroughly cleaned the basement, and wrapped Caleb's birthday presents. (We are giving him a tent thingy with a tunnel, and a little basketball net and from Amberly he gets the balls to go in the tent thingy). I took a nap while Amberly did, and it wasn't long enough, in fact, I wish I could just sleep a day away, I just want one day where I can just do absolutely nothing! Then after feeding Amberly again, we went to get Caleb. I chatted with Christa for a bit. Dave has already begun the discussion of July, and what to do. I want to go back to work part time. My boss has offered this to me, and I think 3 days a week would be perfect, but the biggest issue is Christa doesn't have room for Amberly right now. After chatting a bit, there may be a good chance she could take her. She can definately have the kids for July and August because she doesn't have some as their parents are teachers. As far as September is concerned, everything is up in the air. So we're really hoping that circumstances change and she can take both, otherwise, I may not go back. I know it sounds ridiculous that I'm basing it on my babysitter, but seriously, she is such an amazing lady, that I know, there is no one who could compare, so if we can't have her, then it's gonna be me!

Ahhh, it's getting late, and I want to go to sleep. Dave is playing volleyball on his own tonight. The game didn't start until 8:30pm, so I stayed home to be with the kids. After they were in bed, I made Krista some cupcakes. We're celebrating her birthday on Saturday as well. We thought we would do both her's and Caleb's the same day, since this time of year is insane. She'll be 7. Man, she's growing up so fast!

I was thinking of watching The Office, but I think I'll just go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Char, I don't think its crazy at all that you're basing your decision to go back to work on your babysitter's availability. I completely understand! There is no way you can be an effective employee if you're worried about the child care situation - and you certainly can't work if you can't get care for Amberly, right?? And you definetly want them at the same place.
I really hope that it all works out for you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Caleb! Crazy that he is 2 already. Hope your party goes well!!