Tonight, as I sat and watched little Amberly jump in her jolly jumper, watching her little legs dangle from the harness, and seeing her expressions, her chubby cheeks, big blue eyes, it made me realize just how much I love babies. I don't particularily like the tiny infant stage, but once Amberly hit 3 months, I started to take every moment and cherish them. Children grow up way too fast, and what a blessing we as parents receive to watch the milestones roll by so steady and readily. I look at how quickly Amberly is changing and I see how creative and smart Caleb is becoming, and it makes me want more! Dave thinks I'm nuts, because I do have many bad days where I want to run away, but this past week, I haven't had many of those moments. Dare I say I'm getting better at patience? I don't know. But to nip those feelings of wanting another baby in the bud, I started looking at the possibility of getting a puppy! HA HA HA. Another idea Dave thinks is crazy! I know one day the Snyder household will have a dog in the family, but I don't think 2009 will be the year that will happen. Maybe not even 2010! As much as I love puppies, I don't think I want one. I think I will start first at looking at breeders and see if there are any adults they want to retire. But we'll see, I'm very much a "get the exact kind I want" kind of girl. Right now, I'm liking the Great Dane, but their life expectancy isn't long, and I don't want to lose something so dear, after only 5-9 years.
Amberly is currently asleep. I've yet to master her schedule. Especially now that I've thrown more food into her life. She used to sleep a little bit after supper, but lately she hasn't done that, and she now falls asleep on her bottle at 7pm. So I've put her down last night and tonight right away, in fear that she won't go until 7am. Now this morning she was awake at 6:30, but she was quiet and not complaining, so I just left her there. We'll see how tonight goes. We've had squash this week and carrots, tomorrow we'll venture down the sweet potato road!
Caleb is watching one of the baby Einstein dvd's before bed. It relaxes him and he's happy. I don't mind watching them either, this one is Baby Noah, and it's a mini National Geographic show really. I'm thinking I may have to take him back to the doctors, he's not sick or anything, but he still tugs on his ears during bath and at random times. So I don't know if there is still something bothering him or not.
Well, it's been a quiet weekend. It's snowing out right now, looks like shoveling will be in my near future. Something else that is in my near future is Dave and I are going to watch The Dark Knight after Caleb's in bed. I'm looking forward to that. Another thing I'm looking forward to is tomorrow. I'm going out! Val, Lesa, Cindy and I are going to go and watch Bride Wars, then we're going to eat dinner at the Mongolian Grill. I'm so anticipating this, it's been awhile since I've been out with the girls.
Well, looks like the dvd is almost over. I think I will get our snacks together.
2 comments:
ANOTHER BABY - you go girl!! You have the most fascinating birth stories!!!
As for the puppy, you are crazy. Those things have to be walked, and fixed, and taken to the vet - you really want to do that while totting along 2 kiddos (or 3??hehe).
Caleb could be pulling on his ear because he's getting his molars. K has her bottom 2 and is working on the top ones. Of course it could still be an infection too, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
Glad to hear you're really enjoying A at this stage. Ihear you about them growing up too fast!!
if you get a puppy...go for a LAZY breed! they need WAY less all around...
glad to hear you are enjoying motherhood so much! You definately have a life full of blessings! Enjoy
Enjoy your night out!
Post a Comment