Christmas and News Years is gone. Sadly, I'm actually glad they are over. I had a rough holiday season. I still feel pretty sad as I type this out. Not sure why I'm in the sad mood, but I am. Christmas we were all sick. Caleb was on the mend, so he seem to really enjoy the whole Christmas thing (despite the melt down Christmas dinner at my parents). But Amberly caught a cold and suffered pretty good with it. This meant I suffered too. I endured countless nights with no sleep and burdened with worry. She never got fevered, but she was so congested that she would often choke on flem. It was awful. Then New Years Eve arrived, and she seemed to be better, so we went to a friends place for dinner. I had originally hoped to leave by 8pm, to get home and put the kids to bed in good time. But we ended up letting Amberly sleep in her car seat and waited for tired signs from Caleb, which didn't come until after 10pm. We got home sometime after 11pm. After putting things away and such, I sat down and waited to ring in the New Year. What is so grand about doing that by the way? I don't get it. I haven't ever really experienced excitment at bringing in a new year.
Then 5am that New Year morning, Dave tells me that he's sick. He throws up in the garbage can beside our bed. So in the morning, I alone, get myself and the kids ready to spend another day with my family. It was fun there, but again, my mind was thinking about Dave and whether or not I should have stayed home to help him through the day. I mean, if it were me, that's what I would have wanted. But he seemed fine when we got home that evening.
I am so grouchy right now, it just sucks. I'm banished to the office because Dave has his brother over and watching hockey together. Not the way I wanted to spend my Saturday night. I was hoping for a nice movie to watch. But nope, I'll probably spend time on the computer then head to bed.
How is that for a depressing read?!
O.K. well, I guess it wasn't all so bad. I was spoiled for Christmas, Dave bought me a new digital slr camera for Christmas. I love it, and it's compatible with my other lenses from my old camera which is great. I also got a couple of frames and pj's and socks from him too. This year my sister had my name. She got me the new narnia movie, the ox and goat for my nativity scene, a willow tree christmas ornament and a Kutless cd. Fern and Mert bought Dave and I a really nice wall mirror for our hallway. The kids were super spoiled. There is so many new toys in our house! Yikes!
Today Amberly is 6 months old. I can't believe it. Every day I see more and more changes in her. She's way more vocal then Caleb ever was. She chatters with "da da da da" and "ya ya ya ya's" constantly and she also squeals and screams a lot too. She has her two bottom teeth already. And I'm just waiting for those top ones to pop through. I've been feeding her cereal for a good month and a half now, but I haven't ventured to the real food yet. Probably will start with sweet potatoes this week. Maybe even a sippy cup. Looking back at Caleb's 6 months, he was already on many types of foods and drinking from a sippy cup, as you can see, I'm proving to be a little more lazy with the second child. Definately in the photo department. Not that I'm not taking pictures of her, I am doing that lots, but as for getting them developed at all, that's definately not happening. I'm months and months behind in developing photos.
Caleb this past month has really changed. He's saying or shall I say, repeating more and more words. And he's so smart. I will tell Caleb things, and Dave will say to me "he doesn't understand you" but oh how he does. He wanted a hershey's kiss in the middle of supper and refused to eat anymore dinner. So I told him that he needed to finish atleast 3 more bits before I would give him one. Well those 3 bites took a good 15 mins. to get in him, but on his third bite, he turned around and pointed to the kisses. Dave didn't think he would get it. But he knows what I'm saying! He knows how to put a dvd into the player and play it. Which freaks me out! My baby is growing up so fast!
I think I'm running out of things to write, that's if anyone reads all the way down to here, since the start was so pathetic! I'm going to spend some time reading old posts now. That's always fun, to look back.
2 comments:
I read it...I always do!
Good to hear that everyone is well after their illnesses...it must be hard to deal with sickness when things are supposed to be happy and festive...
I don't get the whole staying up for New Years either...I went to bed...I'd rather miss the ball drop than take days to catch up on the missed sleep...
We were asleep by 11 on New Years. It kind of loses its meaning when you KNOW you have to be up super early the next day. Meh. Its just another day, really.
Sorry your Christmas was full of illness! Ugh!!
And you're not lazy with Ms. Amberly, you're just reading her cues. Caleb was ready for more food by this age, and she is content with what she has now so there is no rush. You are an awesome mom and your kids are different and you realize that. K was also very laid back with food in the beginning and didn't really 'eat' until well past 9 months. Now she is a great eater! So don't worry :)
Post a Comment