Friday, January 16, 2009

Pretend

How is it, that a child just wakes up one day and decides to play pretend with an old stuffed bear that belonged to their mother, and they never had played with before? Well that is what happened in our household yesterday. Just before lunch Caleb carried down this old white bear that used to be mine as a kid, and put it in his booster chair. Then he wanted the bib on him, and then he found his sippy cup and decided to give the bear a drink. Once his lunch was ready, I was helping him eat it when he would then point to the bear and say "eat eat" so I had to feed the bear too!

After lunch I told Caleb that we were going to go pee pee on the potty then nite nite, and he ran to the toilet with the bear and wanted the bear to go pee pee first. I took the bear from his hands before Caleb managed to throw it in the toilet! I pretended to make the bear pee, and then Caleb went and he made bear sleep with him.

This continued for most of the day, from trying to get the bear to play catch to feeding him snack to dinner time and so on. It was so funny. This morning he woke up with nothing different. He got the bear to go potty again, "shared" his morning snack and wanted to find boots to put on him to got to Christa's. The bear went to day care with him.

I'm interested to see if we were to get him to switch from the bear to a boy cabbage patch doll. I think Dave still has his from a kid, I should try and find it!


No comments: