It's dull outside, and it seems pretty dull inside too. Caleb is with Christa today, and Amberly is currently napping. I hear the hum of the dryer going, and that's about it. It's nice to have days like this, but in the moment, I'm lost as to what to do.
This past weekend was a long one. Not only was Monday Family Day, Saturday was Valentine's Day. Friday I packed up my children and took them to my parents. They were going to stay a couple of nights with them. It was a long quiet drive home when I left them there. And I was sad that they were gone. I even called after their bedtime that night to see how my mom made out with that. Saturday, Dave and I slept in! It was so nice not having to get out of bed and rush around making a bottle, getting juice and cereal before seeing the kids! I could actually get out of bed and go pee before doing anything else! It was wonderful! Dave and I walked uptown to the eye place because I have a new prescription, so I picked out new glasses and ordered new contacts too. Then we just went up and down the main street and checked out a few stores. In the afternoon we left at 3:00 for Red Lobster for an early dinner. It was good that we left that early, because when we were finished and on our way out, (4:20pm) the lobby was so packed and people were waiting outside! We enjoyed our meal there. Now normally, I don't like seafood, but I really love their shrimp trio meal. Afterwards we were going to check out the movies, but there wasn't anything worth watching, so we came home and watched Iron Man. It wasn't so bad.
Sunday again, I slept in! And I skipped church this week. I sat in my jammies and watched Coronation Street all morning, something I haven't done in ages! It was great! Once I got ready and finished watching that, I walked over to church to join the Faith Steps group I am in. We're going through a series called Effective Parenting in a Defective World. After church and lunch we headed out to my parents to retrieve the kids! We stayed for the day.
Monday we got together with Steve and Christa and we went skating on an empty lot on our street. It sounds funny, but it was such great ice and we put bob skates on Cara and Caleb. It was cute to watch them. After warming up with hot chocolate we went to Wendy's for lunch. It was good! After lunch we parted ways and our family headed to Dave's parents place to celebrate Joy's birthday.
I didn't take any pictures at all this weekend. That's different! hmmm.
Not much happening this week.
2 comments:
Wake up, stretch, and do nothing but change the kids, hang out in pajammas, and make pancakes. I love days like those.
Char, sounds like a great relaxing weekend to me. I completely understand about the 'morning routine' and rushing around - its crazy!! Its nice just to get up and not rush. Glad you had a nice Valentines weekend.
Post a Comment