Wow, it always amazes me how quickly Christmas disappears. You spend weeks and weeks, preparing, orgnazing, shopping, baking, wrapping, decorating, for one day to leave for the next day before you know it. I have a slight sadness thinking of how quickly the time went by.
We had a great time while it lasted though. The kids had a blast. They still are discovering the joy of their new things. In my eye (the parent's eye) the kids did great, we didn't get a whole lot of new toys. They got needed clothes and some movies, books and games. Amberly mostly got dress up clothes which she loves and Caleb got a the Leapster 2 which although educational, is also a new obsession! ha ha ha. I was spoiled too. My hubby got me a heated blanket and new Mary Kay products, his parents got me some socks, a book and a gift card to the mall. Sally had my name this year and she got me new pink pj's which I love, broke them in last night. The new Casting Crowns cd and more socks.
Today I was looking forward to such a nice quiet day. Caleb and Amberly were supposed to go to Christa's but she called this morning saying her daughter was sick :( I'm afraid I'm in for a long day here. Dave is heading to Buffalo for a World Junior game and probably won't be home until after midnight. Oh well. We'll see how adventurous I feel. I was going to go to Toys R Us today to pick something up for Joel as his uncle gave him a gift card for there, but doing that alone with 3 kids may just be a little insane!
No comments:
Post a Comment