Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Four Year Old

Four years have gone by so quickly. I can't believe I entered into the world of motherhood 4 years ago. It seems long ago but at the same time, looking at Caleb, it went so fast. He's my sweetheart. He's kind, and loving. Has the cute timid smile. He's all boy. Loves his monster trucks, Disney's Cars, is found constantly making boy noises. He teases and beats up on his sister. Wants to wrestle and asks to be tickled. Stalls at bedtime, and wants to sleep in. Asks me to carry his school bag, but once we turn the corner towards his class, he insists he carrys it. He excitedly shares what he ate from his lunch in a day. Repeats "I don't know" when asked about anything other than his lunch at school. Sings to himself his songs he learned at school. He eagerly asks to read the Cubbie bear stories (Awana) at night before bed. Puts on a shy smile when about to ask to play the xbox. All these and more are things I want to treasure in my heart always.

To celebrate Caleb's birthday, we split it up over 2 parties. We had one party with my side of the family in O'ville at Stephen and Sally's house. Then on his actual birthday day, we had Dave's side plus a few friends over. Caleb felt pretty special but was really tired when it was all over. He was given many wonderful things and enjoys all of them.
Happy Birthday my wonderful son, I love you so much!

No comments: