Christmas is just around the corner now. I think we're pretty much ready. I still have a few things to make food wise, but other than that, bring it on. I love Christmas, the opportunity to see family, to give (I love giving) but most importantly, to celebrate the greatest gift God ever bestowed - His son. It's hard to teach our kids the real reason for Christmas and what is most important to celebrate, when our world we live in is hung up on the possessions that money can buy, and if you don't have the money, then the debt that it's o.k. to go in. I admit, when shopping I want to go overboard and spoil our kids because I can't help but love them so much and want everything for them. But this is the year it's going to count. Caleb is old enough to understand, and so it's time to set in place a standard when it comes to gifts. This year Dave and I got each babe 3 presents. After settling on this number, I heard a lady say that she always got her children 3 presents, just as Jesus received 3, and I loved that idea. This will be our standard. 3 is plenty.
The kids are excited for Christmas to come. They are counting down the sleeps. Below is a picture of my 2 little helpers baking some cookies.

Here are my 2 handsome young men!

Boy, is it ever hard to get a nice picture of 3 little ones all looking at the camera. It didn't happen, but this is sweet enough!

And here's my gorgeous girl. All dressed up in her Christmas dress.

Ooooh, it's just so soon! The anticipation and excitment is starting to fill my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment