Wednesday night it snowed and snowed, it was like a blizzard. Thursday morning, the buses were cancelled but the schools were open. So I kept all regular plans, got the kids off to school and myself off to work. Around 11am, Dave texted to say he thought he would head home because word of road closures were concerning. I told him that I would wait at work until I heard how his drive home was. Well at noon, the school called and told me to come get the kids because they were closing the school. I informed them that Dave would pick them up and that he was on his way. It took Dave almost 2 hours to get home. When I thought I best leave, it was too late, all roads in our township were closed. I thought I was going to be stuck at work. Of all places. Everything seemed backwards. It was supposed to be me at home with the kids not the other way around. At 4, I decided I was going to try my best and see where I end up. The Lord watched over me on my drive. I made it home safely in only 30 minutes! The kids were so happy to have me home that we immediately had to play monopoly. I wasn't really into it...but they sure were!
After dinner, the kids spent the rest of their time outside in the snow! Here's a glimpse of Joel....


No comments:
Post a Comment