Saturday, December 31, 2016

The last day of 2016

Well, it's here, the last day of 2016.  I know that I shouldn't be glad to see a year over, but honestly, 2016 isn't one I'm going to fondly remember.  It was a year filled with worry, fear, anxiety, disappointment, frustration, tears, irritation, sadness, grief and brokenness.  I know that aside from all of that, there were happy times, joy and peace and comfort.  But it's definitely I year that was tainted with pain.  A year is a year though.  And a new one is a day away.  I can't say that 2017 will turn it all around and be the best year ever.  I don't even have hope for that.  What I do hope for is that for each new day, my heart will be fully tuned in to all that will happen, that I will see and count my blessings, and that anything that is thrown at me, I can withstand.  Most of all, I hope that love fills every corner of each new day.


Friends invited us for a fun round of bowling!  it was such a great time, I love seeing all these kids together and watch how they grow!  





No comments: