Well here I am, everything is very quiet and I can hear the birds and the crikets. We have baseball starting at 8am so I was going to have to wake up at 10 to 7 but I'm up now. Been up since 6am. I've got something on my mind and a part of it makes me excited and the other part of me makes me doubtful. I want to work at BookLore again. This has been on my mind for a while now. I want to have things my way. So I"ve been seriously considering asking Nancy if I would work part time for her. Here's my idea. Every other Friday I have the afternoons off at Rwam. So I thought that I could make it to Orangeville for 1 and I could work 1-9 those Fridays and maybe once a month or twice considering what I have on those weekends, stay at the farm and work Saturday 9 to whenever they need me.
I've talked about it to Dave and he thinks it's an ok idea. But then I think about it more and more and then I get thoughts like, what if she doesn't like that idea, and what if she doesn't pay me what I want. Plus I don't know what it would be like to work with Brenda, the lady who took my job, everytime I go in for a visit, it's like I'm stepping on her toes and she's not very pleasant towards me. But I could live with that. I love the store at Christmas time, and I would promise Nancy my bit of help until Christmas, and then in the winter, maybe take those snow months off and perhaps return in spring, or not return at all again until the fall. I don't know. Next Friday is my half, so I think I may go and talk to Nancy, tell her my idea and see if she bites at all. If not my feelings may be a bit crushed, well probably crushed a lot, but life goes on.
1 comment:
I think it is worth a try to at least ask. Then, if you get to do it, you will find out if you wanted to return for sentimental reasons, or if it is really the type of job you love.
Post a Comment