Well I'm back and just awake from a nap this afternoon. This past weekend was lots of fun and getting to know new people and just catching up with old friends. Dave and I picked Jay up on our way to Scott's cottage Friday afternoon. We got there around 4. The weather was wonderful.
It was a weekend full of relaxing and enjoying the company of friends. And water activities OF COURSE!! Yesterday was the day full of activities. After the tradition of going to church and then for ice cream we all got our swim suites on and Scott took a few of us over to a neighbours to borrow a knee board. I told Scott I once in the past was successful at riding on one in a short instant in Australia. So I thought it would be fun to try again. It was fun, but try I could only do, I wasn't able to get up successfully, it was very difficult. After endless attempts I gave up and let Tina give it a whril and she somewhat successfully did it, I was so proud of her. Then we decided that was enough of that, and Dave got the tube out and he got on. Scott kind of forgetting the different length of rope with the tube compared to the knee board sent my poor Dave into the trees at the island, but brave as my Dave is, he held on and Scott feeling terrible fixed his path and as fast as Dave went in, Scott got him out. Scott said as soon as he heard me laughing he realized something was wrong. I felt bad because I did laugh thinking, hahaha, Scott is sending him into the weeds, and then in shock I was like TREES!!! There was no major collision, or anything of that kind, just a few cuts and scraps.
Then I had a turn. I told Scott about my emotion when I first get on the tube. I experience a fear and I always tell Scott to take it easy on me, and he always does, but after a few minutes on it I feel the comfort and my fear tends to go away. So Scott did just that, took it easy on me for a bit, long enough for me to feel comfortable, then he bumped up the speed! I was doing alright until he made two cirlcles in a row, on the 2nd circle I hit the wake of the first circle, and I don't really know what happened. Tina said the my legs were the first to leave the tube going straight into the air and my hands were the last still trying to hang on, but I just couldn't do it, and boom into the water, doing what she seemed to think was a perfect dive, minus the arms entering the water, my face was the first to enter! I know once in the water I did several somersaults along to slow me down. As the boat made it's turn to come pick me up, I was laughing so hard, it was so much fun! I got back on and told Scott to take it sort of easy because my arms felt like they could fall off, and he did, I didn't fall off again, but he told after that he sped up going around the bends, and I answered him with "I know, and I knew because I could feel the tube wanting to lift off the water and me thinking that I had to shift my weight somehow in order to keep in down!"
For all that Joy, comes pain and suffering, I now have a very stiff neck, bruises up my arms, on my legs, and I can barely move my upper body, I have to find someway to accomplish this moving issue because I have baseball in less then 4 hours and I have be able to atleast MOVE!!!
I'll let you know how it goes....
No comments:
Post a Comment