Dave and I were downstairs in the basement watching Posieden, and when I came up here it's sooooo windy I was shocked.
This has been a week full of events. I'm so tired really. The exciting things I did this week included a dinner at the new Mandarin in Kitchener on Wednesday with the girls from work. Then on Thursday, I was asked last minute if I would be interested in going to a Customer Appreciation Night put on by ESI for work. I said sure, but after saying yes I doubted myself in going because I've been so tired lately. But I went. We had to leave work early on that day and we went to Toronto for a dinner at a Restuarant called Bumpkins. It was really yummy food. Then we were treated to The Blue Man show. This show was a blast! I have never seen or been to anything like it. I wish I could describe it to you but, there are too many words to use and my fingers won't type that many tonight! I loved every minute of it. This too made for a very late night, I didn't get home until midnight or shortly after. Friday was my half day, so I went to bed when I got home and slept for a couple of hours. Last night Dave and I went to the mall with Steve and Christa and we had dinner at the food court, how special is that eh?!
Today I went to the farm along with Fern and Joy, picking up Sally along the way. My mom threw a baby shower for me. It was so nice. The girls from my mom's whole side came and 3 of my aunts from my Dad's side came. I got some really great gifts, I was very overwhelmed and Deb! You surprised me. I can't thank you enough for sending that package along. I loved every bit of it. That white sleeper with the sheep on it is absolutely adorable. And I love the Sheep in the Jeep book! Everything sheepy! IT was sooooo wonderful. Thank you so much! If you were here I would give you a big hug!
I was very overwhelmed by the things I received. We were blessed with some adorable outfits, Fern got us a cute "My first Christmas" outfit. One of my cousins, who is also a new mom, gave us a bag of what she called the "essentials" with bathing stuff, face clothes, bum cream, soothers, lots of things. We even got a highchair from my aunt Cathy and cousins Jodi and Becky. Denise supplied us with a monitor and Sally with a play mat! It was great. It's exciting really. Now I just need to wash these new things and organize the dresser.
Tomorrow Dave and I may go to Babies R Us and use the gift certificates we received to get maybe the bath tub and Bundle Me carseat cover. Then I'm going over to Joy's for a Mary Kay spa treatment! Woohoo!
Anyway, I know the clocks turn back tonight, but I'm feeling so drowsy, I want to go to bed now! I'll probably sit in a bath for a bit, since my hips are already aching and I haven't even been in bed yet! Maybe I'll read myself to sleep tonight instead of cry myself to sleep! I'm so far behind in reading my book for Sunday School. I should really work on that!
7 comments:
did you get snow today with the wind? We did this morning but not enough to make a difference or be noticable.
I am not sure if I am ready for winter or not. I love winter normally I think with old age, i just feel colder (or chilled) more? Maybe just unpacking my winter clothes will help :)
I meant to add:
Yeah a babyshower! presents make the whole pregnancy thing seem more positive rather than the feeling yucky so much!
can't wait to see photos of the nursery!
I had a great time planning and sneeking your surprise gift to you :) I am thrilled you liked all your 'sheep' stuff, I had a great time putting it all together.
Oh, and I'll collect on that hug the next time I see you :)
Aww, I wish I'd known you were having a shower. I was even in O'ville this weekend! Darn.
Are you having another shower? Maybe not, at this 'late date'?
My Mom had thrown this shower together for my aunts and cousins. That's all she invited, Deb was sneaky! She's been a huge help in the advice department, so in all of our emails she knew my Mom was throwing one for me before the baby, so I could get a few things I'll need once the baby arrives!
I'm very shy and get easily overwhelmed when people go out of their way for me, but I do know that sometime after the baby comes my church will have a shower. It's known that work will too.
Sounds cool. Keep me posted!
Jay,
YOU could throw one for her! That way you'd know all the details and you are sure to be free :)
Post a Comment